Who Is Eligible For Services?
• For Individuals with a mental health diagnosis, who may become homeless or are currently homeless, CASL offers neighborhood housing and apartment-style housing with wrap-around supports.
• For individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), CASL offers neighborhood housing, select apartment-style communities, and private-pay housing in Seminole, Florida. Residents have the option of bringing their own med-waiver support.
• For working families, CASL partners with local community rental assistance programs based on median income subsidies for apartment-style housing.
• For those who are currently homeless, CASL, in collaboration with the Sarasota County Sherriff’s Office, offers the SHIFTS program, a housing and support services specific to transitioning chronically homeless to permanent supportive housing.
• Also, in coordination with the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, CASL offers the Transitions program that provides housing and wrap-around support for those transitioning from jail into the community.
Please call 941-225-2373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions, and we will be happy to help you.
How Do I Apply For Housing?
To begin the housing application process, please call our Sarasota office (941) 225-2373 and let them know you are interested in housing. They will then provide you with all the information needed to begin the application process. Due to our many applicants, we must, unfortunately, remind applicants that completing the application process does not guarantee a spot in one of CASL’s homes.
What is the application process?
We will confirm receipt of your application and review it; then, you will be contacted within three business days. If we have no availability but you qualify for one of our housing options, your name will be added to a waitlist, and you will be contacted when an opening becomes available.